Thank you for sourcing our garden roses! Please follow these guidelines for caring for your roses. Since they have traveled out of water, they may look a bit sad, however, following these steps below will make them beautiful in no time at all!
1. Open your box immediately upon arrival, unwrap the bunches, and place the roses into fresh, cold water. Be careful of the thorns. We leave them on because removing them can shorten the vase life for your garden roses.
2. Add the flower food to your water. If for any reason your box does not have flower food, simple table sugar works just as well for flower food.
3. Allow your roses to hydrate for 2 hours before processing them.
4. Once your roses have perked up, process them by trimming 1/4 an inch at a 45 degree angle.
5. Remove the guard petals protecting the inner petals if they were bruised during shipping. Removing thorns may shorten the vase life. Please never strip your garden roses. If you choose to remove the thorns, a sharp blade is the best way to do so without damaging the stems.
Enjoy your garden roses and don't forget to dry your petals once they start dropping. You can find all the steps on how to do so HERE.