Grace Rose Farm is seeking a Creative Manager! We’re interested in working with a talented creative who understands Grace Rose Farm’s culture, brand, products, services and who our audience is - primarily women. Our Creative Manager will help define marketing strategies that reach and attract our niche market, yet also keep an eye on our expanding audience. The ideal candidate will have a passion for flowers, gardens, luxury, design and beauty/skincare and can envision a lifestyle brand built around our garden roses. We need someone who pays attention to the details while also capturing the high level vision of our company. Conceptual and artistic creativity is the foundation for this role and the ability to execute using technology is an absolute must. You will work alongside our leadership to create content for web, print, email, social, and blog campaigns and be integral to the production of media including images, designs, videos and content copy. We invite those who are collaborative and visionary to join us. Your voice and ideas will matter in this role!
- Copywriting - Collaborate with leadership to write blogs, social posts, interviews and e-commerce copy. Maintain editorial/marketing calendar.
- Photography + photo editing - Create imagery to be used in articles, social and web graphics such as flatlays, editorials, landscapes of our farm. Edit photos for e-commerce, blog posts, publications, e-books, and Instagram.
- Coordination - Act as coordinator for photo shoots by sourcing models and props. Scout locations and help style shoots.
- Email marketing - Plan, design and execute email campaigns. Manage and help build our email lists.
- Social media - Assist with making our social media beautiful, timely and cohesive.
- Graphic design - Create graphics for usage on social and website. Layout blog posts.
- Creative planning - Generate new ideas that expand on our projects. Assist with developing concepts for blogs and product campaigns.
- Product development - Strategize with leadership to expand our product offerings based upon demand you’ve helped identify.
- Market research - Independently research our market space. Find out where we can improve and have the courage to let us know!
This is not an entry level position, as such, please do not apply if you do not meet the qualifications below.
- Advanced experience in photography and photo editing.
- Advanced experience in graphic design.
- Advanced copywriting.
- Experience or interest in learning videography.
- Experience running a website and social media accounts. Understanding of Instagram and how to create rich content that increases follows and engagement and sparks collaborations with brands and influencers.
- We’re entering multiple new markets in 2019. The ideal candidate will be able to take on multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast paced environment and work independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, digital production, new media communications, or related field. If no college degree, at least 5 years working in a highly creative role for lifestyle, beauty, photography, design, luxury or fashion blogs/brands.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Illustrator) and Mac OS. Experience or willingness to become highly proficient in Google Docs, Mailchimp and Shopify. Knowledge of HTML is a plus.
- At least 2 years managing creative content for a successful brand with a large social following (examples: lifestyle, beauty, photography, design, luxury or fashion blogs/brands). Candidates without prior experience working for a brand/blog will not be considered.
- Candidates must be available for full time employment Monday through Friday starting on or around March 15, 2019.
- This is not a remote position. Candidates must live near Santa Barbara, CA upon hire. Grace Rose Farm may reimburse relocation costs and amount will be determined at time of offer.
- Position may require the ability to travel overseas. Possession of or ability to obtain valid U.S. passport is required.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must pass a background and drug test.
What you should expect from us
We are highly driven and goal oriented leaders within our industry. We have created immense demand for our product by being generous and kind to our customers while delivering quality consistently. You can expect to be treated with open mindedness. We will listen to you and let your creativity flow. We will provide you with the tools and environment to elevate your work. We will offer a generous salary to the individual with the right mix of talent in digital marketing and creative vision to join us, and after a probationary period, will include a benefits package with health insurance, 401k and paid time off. Grace Rose Farm is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply
Email the following to email@example.com by February 15, 2019. Submissions received without all the information below will not be considered. At this time we are only interested in experienced candidates who have worked in a creative capacity for known lifestyle, beauty, photography, design, luxury or fashion brands/blogs.
- Creative portfolio (examples of your photography, graphic design, videography, social media or copywriting).
- Contact information for at least two professional references, preferably those you have worked for in a creative/digital marketing capacity.
- Letter of interest with your vision for our brand and why we should hire you.
- Salary requirements.